SCC Audubon Club Three Day Trip
March 3, 4, 5, 2020
Tuesday March 3
- Arrive at Security Parking Lot by 6:40 Leave at 7:00AM
- Lunch at Silvers Springs State Park and ride on Glass Bottom Boats
- FSU Butterfly Rainforest and tour of Natural History Museum
- Arrive at Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel
- Wine/Beer and Cheese
- Dinner in Banquet Room at hotel
Wednesday, March 4
- Expert birder, Ray Webb, will lead us through Sweetwater Wetlands Park
- Trip to Morningside Nature Center and Living History Museum
- Lunch is at Cracker Barrel.
- Guided tour of Kanapaha Botanical Gardens all visible from a 1 ½ mile paved walkway
- Our evening wine/beer and cheese will be a little early since we have a special event planned.
- We will visit the FSU Bat Houses to watch the evening emergence of over 100,000 bats
- Dinner is at Northwest Grill
Thursday, March 5
•After breakfast we have another chance for excellent birding at La Chua Trail in Payne’s Prairie.
•Guided tour of of the amazing wildlife at Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation Foundation.
•Lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse
•We visit the antique Village of Micanopy with tour of the Micanopy Historical Society Museum and visit to antique and specialty shops
•Arrive at Sun City Center at 5:00PM